Here are the top 10 global small business trends for 2009 as predicted by smallbiztrends.com. We love numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8!
1. Disruptive innovation will be both the coolest and hottest new growth strategy in 2009 because it will transcend all boundaries and transform businesses.
2. dotMobi will take global root in 2009. According to Infoplease.com, there are more than 2 billion cell phones in use worldwide and that number continues to grow because many folks cannot afford a laptop. For a lot of people in emerging markets, the mobile phone will be the primary way to access the Internet.
3. Diverse global business partnerships will shine and outperform those businesses that don’t make these critical alliances.
4. Exporting (from the USA) will prevail in the first quarter of ’09 and might start to strengthen later in the year. Keep tabs on the global market at World Bank to see when there is a “sign” of crimp in the export boom.
5. Twitter will replace the “call me” statement with “tweet me” due to technology, convenience and time constraints. In case you are clueless about it, dive in here, where you can learn everything you want to know about Twitter: Birds of a Feather Twitter Together and Twitter Goes Mainstream.
6. Entrepreneurs and small businesses will learn, if they haven’t already, everything there is to know about how to take a business global.
7. Optimism will fuel global small businesses that have the guts to press on, even in the face of insurmountable obstacles.
8. Women entrepreneurs will rule the global marketplace. Women are already starting businesses at twice the rate of men and their efforts to expand a business internationally will be a force to reckon with in the coming years due to social entrepreneurship, social media and social networking platforms that make it so much easier to do good things collaboratively—which women are naturals at—while growing a business global.
9. Trusted crowds will become profitable clouds.
10. Green and global are a marriage made in heaven because everyone wants to save the world.
To check out the full article click here.