It’s Wednesday, and even if you started the work week on a high note with plenty of energy, it is not uncommon to feel tired and drained at this point.
But there are things you can do during the day to get a boost and get back into the swing of the work week.
- Visualize yourself as full of energy. Imagining an activity fires up the same parts of the brain that work when actually doing it.
- Think happy thoughts. Negative messages cause stress. Positive ones don’t.
- Turn up the music. Music helps reduce anxiety, and keep us invigorated.
- Take a break. Stand up, stretch, go outside for a bit of sun and fresh air.
- Drink water. This will help keep your muscles from aching.
- Snack on protein. Protein is a good source of energy.
And just remember, the weekend is just two days away, and then you can play.