This month’s CRAVEfuel theme, perfect for these ghoulish Halloween-y days , is FREAKOUTS!
Last week in Vancouver, Aileende la Torre, Co-founder and Creative Flow Originator of SPARK creations, spoke about how to move from FREAK to flowwwww – here are 8 tips to get you started:
1. Breathe: Create space in your mind and heart by hitting the pause button. Get present to what you are feeling. Connect with your body and if you feel any tension, close your eyes and practice breathing into those areas of your body that are tense.
2. Journal: Un-clutter your mind. Automatic writing for 10 minutes per day releases a lot of mental tension. This will also help you capture some of the brilliance you have stored inside.
3. Meditate: Practice some form of meditation; walking meditations are great for reconnecting with nature, and tea meditations help you tap into 4 out of your 5 senses (taste, touch, smell, sight)
4. Move: Go for a walk, exercise, dance, do anything to shake things off. If you’re freaking out because of an amazing situation (win the lottery, landed your biggest client etc) – do a happy dance and bring others into it!
5. Day Dream: Get reacquainted to what brings joy in your life to re-energize your thoughts. Return to the 100 things you CRAVE and get back to your core.
6. Call a Shift Sister, SPARKner: Talk to someone that will help you move through a freak state into the FLOW state.
7. Unleash your Creativity: Paint, draw, write/read poetry.
8. Perform an act of kindness or practice gratitude: As humans we are hard-wired for love and compassion. When we’re kind to people we know it strengthens our connections with others and provides a source of support. Research shows that we may benefit from giving support more than those receiving it.